Rrecipe submitted by Steve
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- ¾ cup of diced onion, green peppers, & tomato
- 1 tsp cilantro (break off leaves & chop finely)
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of long grain rice
- 1 pkg of Pantry Club® Gourmet Jalapeño Seasoning
- Season to taste with salt & pepper
- Take the 2 chicken breasts and sear them until brown in a large pot.
- Add four cups of chicken broth and bring to a slow boil.
- Add the onion, green peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Finely chop the gloves of garlic and add.
- Add 1 pkg of Gourmet Jalapeño Seasoning (if you prefer it less spicy: season the soup to taste).
- Once soup is boiling add 2 handfuls of long grain rice. Once the soup is back to a gentle boil, stir and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 4-6 hrs. Then break chicken up. Enjoy!