1lb ground beef
1lb ground turkey
1 Cup milk
1 1/4 Cup of whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 small onion, grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 carrot, finely grated
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 pack The Pantry Club Chipotle Chile Gourmet Dip Mix
Optional: Prepare mashed potatoes as a side
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl beat together the egg, milk and Chipotle Chile seasoning pack then fold in breadcrumbs. Let stand in fridge while preparing the other ingredients.
- Finely grate the onion and carrot, and crush the garlic. Finely chop the parsley. Fold these into the milk/breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large bowl place the two meats, salt and black pepper and loosely combine them with a fork, taking care not to press them densely together.
- Fold all the wet mixture into the meats, shape into a loaf and bake in a shallow dish in a preheated oven for 1 1/4 hours (or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees). Optional Garnish: Apply a thin coat of tomato sauce or ketchup to the top of the meatloaf.
- Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.